J377 19th century New England caged glass hanging lantern with large ring handle and original old wavy glass with bubbles – marked on the rising arm of the lantern slide door “E.F. PARKERS PATENTS 1853 & 1855”. (Maker: Elijah F. Parker of Proctorsville (Windsor County), VT) The tin frame supports four sliding glass panels and features a slanted pyramid style top with cutout star and sun beams motif. Cutout stars – which serve as a source of airflow - adorn the bottom edge of three sides of the lantern. Scant remnants of the original silver-gray paint remain in some areas. The lantern’s slide door lifts for access to the removeable candle socket. From a large Delaware Estate lighting collection. Measurements: The sides are 4” wide with caged wire surrounding the entire lantern. Overall height is approximately 15 ½” tall with handle.